Remote Video Monitoring Services from Chubb Edwards offers real-time video and audio communication and allows accurate information to assist in responding to authorities. Specially trained operators, through live interaction, can intervene in the event of an emergency.
A large percentage of triggered alarm signals are ultimately deemed to be false alarms. Police associations across Canada are very vocal about the burden false alarms place on their limited resources. Users of security systems are subject to rising fines for frequent or repeated false alarm activity. Excessive false alarms can even prevent the authorities from responding at all, leaving your business unsecured. Furthermore, many jurisdictions have implemented requirements for proof of security breaches (beyond the receipt of an alarm signal) prior to dispatching authorities. False alarms can also be an annoyance to your employees who must respond and investigate. |
Chubb Edwards now has an answer to the need to verify alarm signals. It is known as video verification, a new service available through our monitoring centres in Canada. When our operators receive an alarm signal from a video verification subscriber, they can immediately access recorded and live video to evaluate what is really happening at the affected location. Police are contacted only when the alarm activity has been determined to be a real security event. As a verified alarm, authorities will typically assign higher priority to the associated dispatch. Response is based on your pre-determined instructions.
Benefits available to video verification customers include:
- Heightened safety for staff and customers through immediate identification of real threats.
- Reduced false alarm expense by eliminating non-essential dispatches of authorities.
- Lowered business risk through expert situation analysis by trained Chubb Edwards professionals.
- Expedited response to verified alarm activity.
- Reduced guard patrol costs.
- Deter criminal activity & create security awareness with customized "voice downs"
- Maintain contact until help arrives
- Provide assistance for ABM's kiosks and gates
- Remotely audit
- Provide compliance and activity reporting
- Eliminate response to non-emergency events
- Avoid false alarms