With nearly 20 years of experience in transmitting and receiving alarm signals over computer networks, Chubb Edwards possesses a depth of knowledge that few industry participants can approach. Chubb Edwards' expertise has delivered a new IP-based high-security monitoring solution, now available for commercial applications in Canada.
The solution adds an IP module to new or existing Chubb AFx control panels, providing a supervised connection among client locations and/or to our monitoring centres. This allows for network-based exchange of alarm activity, resulting in high-speed, encrypted, cost-effective, reliable communication. The Chubb Edwards solution retains a standard telephone line or cellular package as a backup form of communication in the event of network outages, planned or otherwise.
Users of the Chubb Edwards IP-based monitoring solution will realize some or all of the following benefits:
- Improved response times due to a polled, always-on high-speed connection to our Chubb Edwards Monitoring Centre.
- Cost reduction through the ability to leverage existing network infrastructure and security hardware.
- Optimal reliability in performance resulting from exhaustive application testing.
- Adherence to strict network and security standards and targets to ensure fast, reliable and secure connectivity.
- Ease of operation through integration with familiar alarm, access, video and reporting interfaces.